Monday, October 7, 2013

Secret Garden ****Dusty Attic****

Hello, I am here to share with you a LO I did, using some of Dusty Attics amazing chipboard pieces. The photos are of two little girls, taken in my tree fort garden area.


The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:

Bicycle (DA0880)
Word pack #2 (DA0938)
Decorative Frame #1 (DA0207)
swirly vine small (DA0181)
ATC Frame #1 (DA0673) &Ferns DA0507)

I used the Vintage Spring Basics Collection from Maja Design. From this Collection I used 2nd of March-BS, 9th of April,10th of March,7th of April & 2nd of April. Here are some close ups of detail....
Where I used yellow, I mixed a bit of studio yellow paint with picket fence crackle. Then I rubbed in brown chalk to bring out the cracks & inked the edges.
I glued a piece of hemp on to the frame,then added a small cluster of flowers.....
Shows some of my distressed stitched layers,using doily's & burlap in my layers.....
I just love this bike!!!! I used glossy accents on all the raised areas of the bike. Once that dried I applied picket fence crackle,that I had mixed some yellow studio paint in. On the rest of the bike I used watered down gesso,then inked the edges. I also added some pearls....
I cut the swirly vine to fit into my cluster. I used picket fence crackle on the vine,then rubbed in some brown chalk....

I also glued on a piece of hemp on to the oval of the ATC frame. Then made a small flower cluster,using the ferns that I first inked green,then I applied picket fence crackle...
LOVE,LOVE,that BIKE!!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to look.....Rachelle

6 comments:

  1. Completely enchanting! It is breathtaking!~ ( How fun~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely my latest fave of yours, I love the different treatments you've used on each piece of chipboard and once again your layers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous. Great distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty and love all the distressed edges, amazing details, and totally love the secret garden theme and photo.. love this..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe-struck as usual. Beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, stunning layout! love how the bike chippie matches the bike in the photo

    ReplyDelete