Tuesday, November 5, 2013

We wish you a Merry Christmas ***Maja Design Nov Mood Board***

Hello, I am here to share with you a canvas & card that I did, for the Maja Design November Mood Board..
Here is the Beautiful Mood Board, I love playing with the Maja Mood Boards!!!!From the Mood Board I used red,gift,festive,garland,sparkle,card,jingle bells,green,white,ornament,decorated,Christmas baubles,& joyfull...
I combined these two collections.....
From the Gammaldags Jul Collection I used: Julstaming,Marknard & Goder Afton-bs
From its Christmas Time Collection I used: Deck the Halls,Jingle Bells,snowflakes,die cut sheet & a BS of a label.
The Dusty Attic Chipboard used
Christmas Tree #2 DA0648
Ornate Gate #2 DA0648
Door Handle Plates DA 0681
ATC Frame #1 DA0673

Here are some close ups of detail.....

I did some distressed layers, then painted on some Marta Stewart white texture effect....
I cut out the Santa,lamp,gifts & bells out of the collections I was working with,then popped them...
I am going to do a tut on the tree in on of my upcoming posts. I love the Santa!!!
I used picket fence crackle on the fence,then inked the edges...

A side view,showing the layers & depth....
The title came from 1 of the BS's of the labels.

Here is a card ,I also made using this months, mood board...
I combined 2 collections,on this card, Its Christmas Time & Gammaldags Jul

From Its Christmas Time Collection I used: Santa & the Tree-BS, Christmas thoughts,Christmas Market,Spirit,& Die Cut Sheet
From the Gammaldags Jul Collection I used:Marknard, Karamellstrut-BS, & Vackra paket
The Dusty Attic used:
Christmas Tree #2 DA0648
Name Plates #5 DA0609

From the Mood Board I used,festive,sparkle,card,white,joyful & decorated. Here are some closeups of detail.....

This photo shows some distressed,stitched layers. I also did some punch work & stencil work.....
I cut out Santa & popped him,he is the same Santa ,as the Santa ,I used on the canvas, only in the brown tones,he is so Beautiful!!!!

The title came from one of the BS's of the labels,that I glued onto the name plate.Again,I am working on a Tut for the Christmas Tree,that I will be posting soon. For more information on the Mood Board Or to be inspired by what others came up with based on the Mood Board,please check out the Maja Design Blog here  blog.majadesign.nu/category/maja-design-information/mood-boards/ ,we would love to see what you come up with. Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle


6 comments:

  1. Oh these are so "frosty" good! Love, love the snow details. Fabulous work as always Rachie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!!! These look amazing, love the texture and your trees are fabulously snowy and gorgeous.. love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - these are truly amazing! Talk about knock your socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!!!!! Crazy question. How do you mail these? In a larger envelope with paper on top of design (I'm guessing) thanks

    Christine
    cduval@flytucson.com

    ReplyDelete