Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wishing for Spring ***Dusty Attic March Sketch****Maja Design****

Hello,I am imaging that anyone that has had a long,cold winter is also wishing for Spring!!!This has been our record,coldest in 100 years,my poor dogs! We were getting -45 celsius weather this year,with lots of snow.This is the first week, in months that the dogs & I have gone out for our walks,even the dogs are smiling. Gardening is another one of my passions,& these are the colors we see in the Spring. I use golden elders (shrubs) & thunderchild trees for the back of the gardens,then I have planted lots of allumn between my hosta's. I love all the fresh greens of Spring.....

 I used Nadia's beautiful sketch for this month, but I might have lost the sketch with my embellishing,I just never know when to stop!!!!


The Dusty Attic Chipboard,Colour & Blooms used:
deVine Frame Set
deVine Frame Set (DA0733)
Branches and Berries
Branches and Berries (DA0729)
Flower Buds
Flower Buds (DA0849)
mini ABC set lower
mini ABC set lower DA0862
mini Script ABC set
mini script ABC set (DA0859)
Teeny Tiny ABC set
teeny tiny ABCset (DA0983)
Birdcage #5
Birdcage #5 DA0678
Flutterbies #3
Flutterbies #3 DA0766
Cyclone Wire
Cyclone Wire: DA0737
Fancy trim #2
Fancy Trim #2 DA0446
Dusty in Bloom Blue Bonnet
Dusty in Bloom,Blue Bonnet (DA0807)
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish (DA0900)
Dusty in Colour Forrest
Dusty in Colour Forrest (DA0919)
Dusty in Colour Jungle Green
Dusty in Colour Jungle Green (DA0920)
Dusty in Colour Sugar Plum
Dusty in Colour Sugar Plum (DA0908)

The Maja Design Papers Used:
Ska vi ta en fika
From the Fika Collection I used:Vaaffla m bjornbassylt, Marzipanbakelse,Marzipanbakelse-BS,Bjornbarsrutor,& Blabarssylt-BS

I also used 1932-BS, from Vintage Summer Basics & 5th of May-BS from Vintage Spring Basics

Here are some close ups of detail.......

On the deVine frame I first used a spectrum noir marker # EB7,then I painted the leaves with DA Forrest & once that dried I applied DA crackle.I let the crackle dry,then dry painted on the DA Jungle green paint onto the leaves.
I used the same pen or marker on the birdcage & the stems of the buds.On the buds,berries& the birdcage,I applied some DA sugar plum paint,then once that dried I applied crackle. Once that dried I dabbed on some razzleberry,LuminArte',to bring out more tones.
Shows some of my distressed,hand stitched layers....

I used plum wine,ink pad on the fancy trim....
On the alpha I used the same as I did on the frame & the buds. I used Smooch (moonlight)on the butterfly's,then inked the edges with the plum wine ink pad.I also glued a scrap of paper,I was working with under the wings,using liquid accents. On the cyclone wire,I rubbed on some plum wine ink (ancient page)

Thank you so much for taking the time to look..... 


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is such a stunning lay-out! I simply adore the colours! Everything goes together just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so refreshing!! You say ...you never know when to stop with the embelishments, ... but, you do it so beautifully!!:) This is gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning! Really beautiful, and love all the chip pies you have used!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally exquisite Rachelle!! Love all the embellishments!! Your page is so full of beautiful things to see and it is so beautifully put together. Awesome!! ox

    ReplyDelete