Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hello World & Just Me *** Maja Design/Dusty Attic****

Hello,today I am here to share with you 2 more LO's I did for my kitchen wall,using photo's of me, a younger me & me now.....
The Maja Design used:
Nyhavn-P
King's square bs
Kings Square-BS
Veteran ships bs
Veteran Ship-BS
Sitting at the dock
Sitting on the Dock
I am using these 3 sheets, from the Nyhavn Collection,for this project. Because I mainly want the gray, as the background,I will not be doing, as much paper layering. I will get my texture through stencils & the DA chipboard.So this is all new to me. I will also be changing all my photos to black & white. My first step,for this project was to go online shopping. I ordered more Dusty Attic Chipboard, the Maja Design, Nyhavn Collection, (I ordered enough,for this project,plus future projects,as it is a limited edition). I also ordered some stamps,stencils,texture pastes & mists or H20,that would be in my color tones. Now I had to wait for my supplies to arrive, so my next step was to paint the chipboard I had on hand. I used my wall paint,for the red,plus I applied a coat of clear crackle varnish. I used distressed brushed pewter stain,paint & crackle on the rest of the chipboard. The chipboard was now ready for a final coat of H20's,or whatever I wanted to apply over the crackle. I also went through all of my flowers,that were to bright for the Maja Collections & dipped them into all the paint colors, that I used in the kitchen (I watered down the paint). Now I was organized & ready for my paper to arrive....
The Dusty Attic used:
Fancy Trim #7
Fancy Trim #7
Dream Catcher #1
Dream Catcher #1
mini Feathers
Feathers
Divine Divas
Divine Divas
Corsets
Corsets
Cogs 1
Cogs
Zippers
Zippers
Ornate Crosses
Ornate Crosses
Lavender
Lavender
Ferns
Ferns
Decorative Scroll #1
Word Disks #1
Word Disks #1

Other products used:Prima Texture Paste,Graphite, Prima Wire thread,Auburn,Tim Holtz,rock candy crackle,TH distress stains & paints,brushed pewter. TCW,stencils Art is (6x6), confetti (6x6), Coffee Splotch (12x12) & (6x6)





The younger me:liked to dress in nice cloths,even if they were itchy,like angora or mohair. Wore heals,as I am only 5 foot 3. Socialized, but also loved being at home. I enjoyed crafts at that time of my life,( knitting & cross stitch & embroidery).I was also gardening at that time....We did lots of travelling...





Here is my next LO, using a photo of me about 35 years older then I was in the LO above...
I don't worry so much about appearance now, & this photo shows it. I can not believe my hair, I wear bangs, so I must have done my usual,not really taking a good look at my self,before flying out the door, to get this set of photos taken. I now wear,Lulu Lemon, & all cotton, comfy cloths. I do not wear heels,because of the bunions I got, from my early years of wearing them.I still love to spend money on nice things,but instead of buying a new outfit,I am now buying Scrapbooking supplies. I prefer to stay at home,really have lost the desire to socialize, would rather spend my free time on scrapbooking, then going out for lunch or coffee.We do not travel as much, & I am losing the desire,I really am content at home.When I get my mind set on something,like this project,there is no stopping me,I will find a way to get, what I want, or what I want to do,even if I have lose sleep,to get my project done. My goal is to have this done,before I start to work out in the garden. We get lots of family & company through out the summer,so I would like them to be able to see the completed project.
The Dusty Attic used...
Just Me
Just Me
Branches and Berries
Branches & Berries
Vine Frames #2
Vine Frames
String Frame set
String Frame Set
Branch #4
Branch #4
Branch #5
Branch #5
Branch #4 small
Branch #4 small
Birdcage #5
Birdcage #5
Flutterbies #3
Flutterflies #3
Baroque Corners
Baroque Corners









Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle


2 comments:

  1. Rachelle, you are a very beautiful woman - both physically and mentally. We all deserve "our" time and it's nice to read that you are doing just that! Beautiful layouts! Hope that you will share a photo of your kitchen wall when it's all complete : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I got an update on Maja - and found your wonderful blog and most gorgeous designs Your eye for detail is wonderful and I love the idea of shadowboxes of your layouts on the kitchen wall, or any wall for that matter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete